- Corporate mobile devices and the bring-your-own device (BYOD) phenomenon are rapidly circumventing enterprise security and policies in Canada.
- 71 percent of 421 respondents in Canada agree the use of mobile devices in the workplace is important to achieving business objectives.
- 72 percent of Canadian respondents also believe these devices put their organizations at risk — and only half of the organizations surveyed have the necessary security controls to address the risk.
- 58 percent of the organizations experienced data loss resulting from employee use of insecure mobile devices.
- Canada and Italy ranked the highest out of 12 countries surveyed for mobile data loss.
Google Apps has excellent built in Mobile Device Management that allows customers to remotely wipe the synced data contents of iPhones, and Androids plus enforce password and screen lock policies. You can even control and approve what devices are allowed to connect to your organization's Google Apps data.
There are no complex integrations requirements or other extra costs for Mobile Device Management with Google Apps for iPhone, iPad, or Android devices. There is no need to purchase expensive 3rd party solutions like RIM Mobile Fusion that exceed the $50 USD/year/user cost of Google Apps. Zenprise is another Mobile Device Management solution with prices starting at $40/device/year.
Contact us at Interlockit.com to learn more about protecting your organization's valuable data with Google Apps.