There's an easier way now; Google Prompt. Instead of typing in your password each time you sign in to your Google Account, you can get a prompt sent to your phone. Simply, tap the notification from Google to confirm, and you'll be signed in quickly and securely.
You'll need an iPhone 5S and up or an Android device for Google Prompt to work. Setting it up is a piece of cake:
- On your computer or tablet, go to the "Sign in & security" section of My Account. You might need to sign in to your Google Account.
- In the "Tired of typing passwords?" box, select Get started.
- Select Set it up, then sign in to your account. You'll be taken to a guided setup process.
- In the "Your phone" section, choose which phone you want to use to sign in.
- Turn on your device's security feature.
- Android: If there isn't a check next to "Screen lock," select Add a screen lock and follow the onscreen instructions.
- iPhone: If there isn't a check next to "Touch ID," select How to set it up and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Choose Next.
- Below your username, select Next to practice how you'll sign in.
- On your phone, follow the onscreen instructions to see Google's prompt, then tap Yes.
- On your computer or tablet, select Turn on to the finish setup.
That's it! Now whenever you attempt to sign in to your Google Account, you'll get a "Trying to sign in?" prompt sent to your phone, just tap Yes and you're in!
Google understands security doesn't have to be tedious and Google Prompt makes for a quick and effortless way to access your account while maintaining a higher level of security than your average password. Contact our Interlock IT team today to secure your precious data with Google Apps!