I tested it on Windows 7 32-bit plus Windows XP on Rogers Wireless and the speeds over 3G are excellent. These instructions should work for Vista too.
- Install the GW620R LG Eve USB Drivers from the LG Support page
- Go to Device Manager, Modems, LG Mobile USB modem, Properties, Advanced and add the extra initialization command +cgdcont=1,"IP","internet.com"
- From Network and Sharing Center, Set up a new connection or network, Connect to the Internet, Create a new connection, Dial-up, Choose LG Mobile USB Modem
- Dial-up phone number: *99#, User name: wapuser1, Password: wap
- Optional Step: Dial up Connection Properties, turn off Prompt for name and password, turn of Prompt for phone number so that you don't have to click the extra prompt each time you connect.
I initially tested PdaNet for Android which works fine but requires repeatedly turning on Settings, Applications, Development, USB Debugging, plus running the app on the phone and the computer. It also costs $25 after the trial period.
This means there's no need to purchase an internet stick or run extra software to surf the web from your notebook from anywhere!