If you are a small-medium business owner, it's often difficult to get a clear picture of where you stand with a particular customer. Our favourite tool to keep track of this is Xero. With over half a million global subscribers and counting, Xero provides online accounting, bank reconciliation, invoicing services, and integrates with a wide range of powerful software solutions and add-ons. Now, with the integration of Google's Gmail, it's more powerful than ever.
Just before the end of 2015 Xero pushed their final major update of the year: Contacts were updated and Google's Gmail service was integrated into the contacts screens. Essentially, this gives Xero users complete visibility of the business they've done with their customers or suppliers, making it much easier to make decisions and develop opportunities. This vital update makes Contacts a hub for customer communication and demonstrates how cloud accounting has opened the doors of opportunity for innovation and efficiency.
Features in this update enable you to:
- Connect your Gmail account to view emails with contacts directly in Xero. This saves emails to a contacts activity tab, adds email to a new invoice, quote, or bill, and allows you to download attachments to the contact record.
- View emails between you and your customers in real time.
- View emails from the email account that you've connected to Xero while they remain invisible to other users in your organization.
- Share an email with other users in your organization by simply adding it to the contact's activity tab
You can see here email messages have been pulled from Blair's account using the contact's email address or emails including the words "GotoMeeting.com"
- From the Contacts menu, select All Contacts.
- Select a contact.
- Under the bar graph, click Email, then click Connect to Gmail.
- Sign in to your Google account.
- On the permissions screen, select Allow.
If you're already using Google apps and are looking for a great accounting solution to bridge the gap between you and your customers, Xero with Gmail is a robust and ideal solution. We at InterlockIT are proud Xero and Google Apps advocates and are more than happy to help make your business's IT solutions a breeze. Be sure to contact us to learn how we can assist you.